Payesh makes on various style
Payesh is most delicious dessert in Bengali culture. Basically it used in Birthday, Eid festivals and other festivals. Here is some recipe of Bangladesh cuisine.
1. Dense milk- molasses Payesh
1/3 cup kalojeera rice
Half a kilo of milk
1 cup date molasses
1 and 1/2 cup water
1/3 cup coconut chopped
1. Wash the rice and fall water for 1 hour. Let the milk and rice be cooked together. At first cook for medium flame and stirring frequently, and if you do not, then the rice may move down. Be sure to keep cooking from the medium to low flame. Occasionally will be stirring. Now mix it with milk.
2. When the rice is boiled, give a little bit of hand blender or pulse. If the payesh are quite dense, stop the oven. It is not very dense, but it is quite dense, so that the Perfect Concecitity of Payesh flavour comes out.
3. When giving milk and rice, add 1 cup of dates molasses and half a cup of water and heat, then makes it to 3/4 percent of the cup. Let cool.
4. Now add coconut chopped and mix the cold molasses or molasses mix slowly on room temperature.
After that serve it.
Courtesy: Khadiza Sharmeen
2. Carrot Payesh
Milk 1 liter
Powder milk half cup
2 cups of carrots chopped
Sugar as needed
Almond rice is 1/2 cup, soak in water (semi-broken)
Raisins and nuts for garnishing
Soybean oil or Ghee as needed
Take a hot oil / ghee. Then add cinnamon, cardamom and fry it lightly. Now add liquid milk, powder milk and rice.
When the rice is boiled, add sugar and carrots in hot milk. Keep stirring. Keep flame until it becomes half of the milk.
Then remove from heat and cool it. When it will be cold then add raisins, nuts for garnishing.