Mach Telani: One type of Local dish of Bangladesh
Mach Telani is one of the famous local dish of Bangladesh. Bangladesh has a strong storage of Local dish item. Bangladesh has 64 districts and every district convey it’s own tradition, own foods style, foods recipe. So Mach Telani is not different. Mach Telani is the famous local dish of Bagura districts of Bangladesh.
The people’s of Bagura districts also used one types of leaves which is locally known as Bondhni.
6 pieces of big Catla fish
Onion paste 2 tabspoon
Mustard seeds paste 1tabspoon
4 Green chili
Garlic paste 1 teaspoon
15 green chili (fried and grind)
Cumin powder 1 tablespoon
Ginger paste 1 teaspoon
Oil 2 tablespoon
Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a Pan and add Onion paste and fry it until red.
- Now add all ingredients except cumin powder. and stirring sometimes. Add water if needed.
- After that add the fish pieces.
- Cover it and Reverse sometime.
- After that add some water and Cook for sometime.
- When it will be blooms than add tomato. Than cook for 5 minutes.
- This dish will be thick.
- Before turn out of heat or flame add coriander leaves chopped and cooks for 2 minutes.
- Now remove from heat and serve with hot white rice.
Note: The people of Bagura districts, they use One types of leaves which is locally known as Bondhoni. They used as it row leaves or it’s dry powder. It brings an amazing fragrance. But we can also use coriander leaves.
Recipe & Picture courtesy: Kanij Fatema Panna
Translated by: Anjuman Ara
See more Bangladeshi local dish recipe