Chicken Khichuri recipe collection from Bengali cuisine
Chicken Khichuri recipe collection from Bengali cuisine. Khichuri one types of mixed dishes in here and this types of dishes originated from Indian subcontinent. Chicken Khichuri makes in various ways.
1.Mixed Chicken Khichuri
Rice 2 cups
Carrots ¼ cup
Potatoes ¼ cup
Mung bean ½ cup
Butter oil ¼ cup
Oil ¼ cup
Ginger paste 2 teaspoons
Yellow Cowpea 1/2 teaspoon
Garlic paste 1 teaspoon
Salt to taste
Chicken 2 cups
7-8 Green chillies
Wash well the pulse and rice and keep aside for water drop out.
Heat oil in a pan and add onion chopped, green chilli, ginger paste, garlic paste, turmeric powder,cloves and cardamom and mix well. Add 4 tablespoons of water.
Cook the chicken on this masala. Add the rice, pulses, vegetables and hot water. Cook 15-20 minutes.Then serve hot.
2.Masala Chicken khichuri.
At the first, must be known the rules of the chicken pieces. Should be cut the pieces of the long and narrowly. It looks like as French fry but it will be little longer.
1. Chicken pieces 300 grams
2.Turmeric powder 1 teaspoon
3. Chili powder 1 teaspoon
4. Ginger paste 3 teaspoons
5. Garlic paste 2 teaspoons
6. Cumin powder 1 teaspoon
7. Coriander powder 1 teaspoon
8. 2 Cinnamon (small size)
9. 2 Bay leaf
10. 3-4 Cardamom
11. Black pepper 6-8 pieces
12. 1 Tomato
13. Onion chopped 2 cups
14. White rice ½ kg
15. Pulse 1 cup
16. Oil 2 cups
17. Lemon juice 1 teaspoon
18. 2-4 green chili
19. Salt and water like as taste
- First wash the rice and pulses and put them in the water.
- Heat 1 cup of oil in a pan and give it 1 cup of onion chopped. When it will be lightly brown then add tomato chopped.
- Now give 1 bay leaf and 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder, chili powder and salt with tomato and cover it.
- After 5 minutes, when the tomatoes are cooked then give the chicken.
Now add cumin, coriander, black pepper, 2 cardamom, 1 cinnamon, 2 teaspoons of ginger paste, 1 teaspoon garlic paste, 1 teaspoon lemon juice with the chicken and mix well.
- Check the salt and if needed then add salt.
- Add the actual amount of water on order that the chicken boiled perfectly.
- In this way, cook for 10 minutes and remove from heat while it will be dry.
- Now take a cup of oil in a pan and heat it. Then add bay leaf, cinnamon and cardamom.
- Add another cup of onion chopped and fry 2-3 minutes.
- Then add soaked rice and pulses. Stirring occasionally.
- Add ginger, garlic and some water, salt and 2-3 green chili and cook on medium flame.
- When the rice is starting to boil, reduce the flame. After 5 minutes, pour the chicken , mix well and cook it again.
- 10 minutes later stop the flame and cover it for 10-15 minutes and finally serve the Masala Chicken Khichuri.
Now enjoy the 2 types of Chicken khichuri recipe.
See Beef Khichuri recipe from Bengali Cuisine