Cheese Potatoes recipe from Bengali cuisine
Cheese Potatoes recipe from Bengali cuisine.
It’s a food made from the pressed curds of milk, firm and elastic or soft and semi-liquid in texture. It comprises proteins and fat from milk, usually the milk of cows, buffalo, goats, or sheep. During production, the milk is usually acidified, and adding the enzyme rennet causes coagulation
The nutritional value of cheese varies widely. Cottage cheese may consist of 4% fat and 11% protein while some whey cheeses are 15% fat and 11% protein, and triple- creme cheeses are 36% fat and 7% protein.
Here’s the recipe of Cheese potatoes curry. Potatoes is one of the most nutritious vegetables. So cheese and potatoes combination is so delicious .
Ponir or cheese – 1 cup
Pea 1/2 cup
Garlic 4 pieces
Turmeric powder 1 / 4 table spoons
Chili powder 1 table spoon
Coriander Powder 2 tablespoons of rice
Hot spice masala powder 1/2 tablespoons
Cumin 1/2 table spoon
Fenugreek 1 table spoon
Water 1/2 cup
Oil 1 tablespoon of oil
Salt according to the taste
- First potato (boiled) cut into cubes size.
- Chopped well onions, garlic and tomatoes. Also cut the cheese cubes.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the cumin.
- After some time, add onion and garlic cloves with cumin.
- If the color of onion becomes brown then give it tomatoes. Keep stirring well.
- Then add turmeric powder, chili powder, coriander powder and hot spicy masala powder.
- Now add the potatoes and peas in a small quantity of oil. Then add the cheeses.
- Keep stirring well with adding water. As long as the peas are not perfect boiled , put them on the stove.
- Then add the fenugreek and put it in the stove for some time. After that remove from heat.
- If you want, you can also add coriander and becomes the taste will be increase.
See Japanese beef recipe from Japanese cuisine