Boal Kaliya recipe collect from Bengali cuisine
Boal Kaliya recipe collect from Bengali cuisine. Locally we know it Boal fish but it’s scientific name is Wallago attu.
English name is Cod fish. We use it in various ways. Fry, curry etc. But when we cooks or makes curry , we always try to something different ways. Always try to apply some different style. So here we published Boal Kaliya recipe. Kaliya recipe makes all types of big fish such as Rui, Katla, Ilish etc. But one process is different from other. You can try to make this in your kitchen and check the taste of Boal Kaliya recipe, also check the Bengali cuisine.
Boal Kaliya recipe
Pic Courtesy: Abir Ahmed
7-8 pieces of boal fish
4-5 onion chopped
Ginger-garlic paste 2 teaspoon
2 Tomatoes (chopped)
Turmeric powder 1 teaspoon
Cumin powder 1 teaspoon
1 cup of oil
Kashmiri red chili 1/4 teaspoon
5-6 green chillies
1 cup of water
Coriander leaves chopped 1/2 teaspoon
Salt to taste
Half a spoon of sugar
- Keep the fish for sometimes after adding salt and turmeric powder.
- Now fry it lightly It will be very careful , otherwise it will be broken. Then keep aside.
- Now add cumin seeds and and bay leaf on this oil. After that add onion chopped and fry it brown.
- Add grind the ginger-garlic paste. Now again fry it with tomato chopped.
- Makes a paste with one spoonful of turmeric powder, cumin powder, Kashmiri red chili powder.
- Then add the paste on this pan and cook carefully until sprinkle the oil.
- Add green chili.
- Add 1 cup of water. When the water will be blooms then add the fish.
- Now add the salt and sugar.
- Cover it and cook for until thick.
- Now add the coriander leaves chopped and remove from heat.
Nutritionally Boal fish contains Calories,Sodium, Potassium.
See Rui Kaliya recipe